Skip to main content

Saturday night is still pizza night!

I luuuurvve pizza!

Up until a few months ago we used to order a pizza from the takeaway at least once a week.

Garlic bread mozzarella stuffed crust, bbq sauce, pepperoni, chicken, crispy bacon, onions, pepper, extra cheese ... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Needless to say it was one of the weekend rituals I ditched when I started to make changes to my nutrition and fitness regimen, and I missed it like crazy. But at 2000 kcals a pizza it was basically a no go area and I wasn't willing to test my self restraint at stopping after a single slice! So elimination was the only option.

However, I have started experimenting and by making my own at home with a few tweaks, pizza is back on the menu. It can be a healthy option that feels indulgent. I now have a new Saturday night ritual, coming up with new topping combinations!

Check out the video and method below for more info:


For the base

I used Musclefood's high protein gluten free pizza bases (300 kcals and 30g of protein per base, and £3 for 3 bases)
Alternatively, I will use a herb or garlic flour tortilla for a lighter option with less calories.

For the Sauce

Passatta
Oregano (or any herbs)
Paprika
Sriracha (for a little spice!)

For the toppings

Anything goes here. Ive got a bit of an obsession with putting an egg on my pizzas these days. For my version in the video I used:

Italian sausage (I fried this off before adding to pizza)
Chorizo (This was also fried off before adding to pizza)
Chargrilled chicken
Peppers
Cherry Tomatoes
Grated mozzarella
Half Fat Buffallo Mozzarella
A large egg

You just need to assemble the pizzas and pop it in an oven for 10-15 minutes until its bubbling and golden.

Its a great meal to have anytime, incredibly versatile, tasty and quick.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily activity challenge: 3 lessons I learned last week

So last week one of our trainers set a daily activity challenge to boost our activity outside of the training sessions This led to me going for walks at lunch time and generally trying to get up and away from my desk throughout the day at work. You can find out more in a wee video I recorded: I kept everything else that I have been doing the same. Same macros, same amount of training (3x1 hour sessions of strength & conditioning).   I had felt like my progress had slowed over the last 2-3 weeks. So I was more than chuffed when I took my measurements this morning. Total inch loss = 4.5 inches Weight loss = 2lbs So what did I learn last week?! 1. If things aren't progressing go back to basics Ask myself if I am getting all of the basics right. Am I hitting my macros? Am I eating a good variety of fruit and veg? Am I applying myself and putting effort in at training? Am I moving around enough throughout the day? Am I being c...

Fight Camp is Done :-( ..... the results are in :-)

So I had my final Fight Camp session yesterday morning.... boooo :(  6 weeks of early 5am rises, 24 hours worth of crazy training sessions, 10 million buckets of sweat, 20 bags of spinach, i've lost count of the amount of chickens, and a vat of  protein shakes later and I feel fit and fabulous! Every session was relentless and the setup continually evolved.  Even in the last session, the trainers were chucking new combinations and exercises at us (which included some jump kicks and jump knees which were much fun), continually pushing us until the very end.  The finisher was an absolute killer which involved a pack of cards (a very dodgy pack of cards which seemed to have way too many 10s in it) and a torturous amount of burpees, squat jumps and ab exercises.  My ab's are flinching just thinking about it! I've got mixed feelings with regard to the end of the camp.  I'm sad it is over.  As much as I was starting to struggle with the ea...

Fight Camp, Week 2 - Done!

Woo Hoo!! that's another week ticked off and it has been a sweaty one! Very, very sweaty (";) Intensity was amped up a gain each day this week. Monday was a bit of a rude awakening after having the weekend off, I think my body goes into s ome kind of defense mode and forgets just how grue lling the last workout was and shrouds the memories in a nice rosey glow. Monday morning I whacked my legs off a bench and now have a nice big lump and bruise on my left shin. I fell on my ass on Thursday morning during some jumping! Not painful thankfully, was straight back up again and into the exercise, although I did stumble a little again straight after. (I've come to the conclusion that I am a wee bit clumsy. I think Leona had me in mind when she belted out "I keep bleeding, I keep, keep, bleeding...") My butt cheeks, thighs and arms are killin' me from the torturous pushup holds and squat holds from this mornings session, ouchy!! I struggled a bit with the die...