Skip to main content

Going it alone

It has been just over a week since I finished with fight camp.  After it finished I was totally up for stepping up the exercise regime and attacking every class I could get to.  But of course, the plan never quite went off as I had hoped.  Life got in the way, I had a wedding at the weekend which I was rushing about getting stuff for and work was quite hectic so I only managed to squeeze in two sessions.  I’m having serious withdrawal.  I am missing the structure and routine of the early morning workouts.  Don’t get me wrong, I have been enjoying the extra hour under my duvet, but I just don’t feel as energized through the day and have been relying on my coffee addiction to get me going in the mornings.  It has also been hard to get that same intensity during my workouts.  You take for granted how much the trainers encouragement during the sessions actually kept you going.  It is a totally different game going it alone.  Actually having to think about it and plan my exercise around my weekly schedule is a bit of a juggling act.

My diet has remained pretty much the same, but if I am honest I have been giving myself the odd treat.   My mum’s fruit loaf is too good to pass up and she cooked a fresh one when I was over at the weekend… yummy  :P Oh and there was the Jalepeno Kettle Crisps.  Lets not forget the evening buffet at the wedding; roll ‘n square sausage, sausage rolls, spring rolls, sandwiches, pakora.  Oh, and the wedding cake …Yes, I indulged!    Then of course there was the alcohol consumed at the  wedding.  Pretty sure I consumed my bodyweight in Gin and I wasn’t even tipsy, so much for being a lightweight! 

I was feeling a bit guilty yesterday evening about what I have been eating, but when I sat down and contemplated everything I came to the conclusion that the point of doing all this exercise and making all the changes to my diet,  are so that I can indulge at family dos, get-togethers and social events and know that I can enjoy it without worrying and feeling guilty about it.  It is part of living a balanced lifestyle.  I had a couple of toffees at work on Friday afternoon and some of my colleagues made a big hoo-haa about it because I don’t usually eat sweets.  I work damn hard and if I want a toffee I am going to have one! :P

I think the main point I need top note is that I don't make too much of a habit of treating myself with food.  Maybe mix it up a bit with some shopping!!!

Feeling like I needed some motivation to attack the exercise again I was looking at some old pictures in comparison to some of the ones taken at the weekend.  Just in case you haven’t noticed already, I am into the motivational before and after photos which you can see below. 

September 2010
June 2011

The wedding was great for my ego.  Lots of family and friends that I haven’t seen in a while couldn’t believe the difference in my weight and were full of compliments.  I loved my dress that I had bought especially, mixed it up with some new hair colour;  I felt like a different woman and was more than happy to pose in pictures.  A totally different story to last year when I used to shy away from getting my pictures taken, preferring to be the one holding the camera than being stood in front of it.

I feel totally recharged this week and ready to seriously kick my ass with some full on workouts and some new classes. I will probably be in pieces by the end of the week and can’t wait to feel completely wrecked!! I know, I’m sick in the head (‘’;)

Sx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight Camp Week 4 - Done!

This week was a short one for me.  I missed Monday and Tuesday's sessions because I was away for a long weekend, so only got to Thursday and Friday's sessions.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do exercise when I was away, the weather was a bit nuts so I was restricted to indoors and the hotel rooms were too small or the floors way to creaky for me to do any jumping around.  Instead, we walked miles and miles and miles.  My calves were killing me by the time we got back and are still feeling a bit tight. My ' official photographer '/motivational coach/trainer/friend, Sheena,  was back on top form today, and assisted me in getting the photographs for me to  put together my little montage!   However, what was meant to be me standing posing to get a few pics done turned into Mistress Walker cracking the whip and had me doing a mini workout, I had only finished this mornings session a few minutes prior.  God forbid she ever gets into Personal Train

Fight Camp, Week 2 - Done!

Woo Hoo!! that's another week ticked off and it has been a sweaty one! Very, very sweaty (";) Intensity was amped up a gain each day this week. Monday was a bit of a rude awakening after having the weekend off, I think my body goes into s ome kind of defense mode and forgets just how grue lling the last workout was and shrouds the memories in a nice rosey glow. Monday morning I whacked my legs off a bench and now have a nice big lump and bruise on my left shin. I fell on my ass on Thursday morning during some jumping! Not painful thankfully, was straight back up again and into the exercise, although I did stumble a little again straight after. (I've come to the conclusion that I am a wee bit clumsy. I think Leona had me in mind when she belted out "I keep bleeding, I keep, keep, bleeding...") My butt cheeks, thighs and arms are killin' me from the torturous pushup holds and squat holds from this mornings session, ouchy!! I struggled a bit with the die

Fight Camp is Done :-( ..... the results are in :-)

So I had my final Fight Camp session yesterday morning.... boooo :(  6 weeks of early 5am rises, 24 hours worth of crazy training sessions, 10 million buckets of sweat, 20 bags of spinach, i've lost count of the amount of chickens, and a vat of  protein shakes later and I feel fit and fabulous! Every session was relentless and the setup continually evolved.  Even in the last session, the trainers were chucking new combinations and exercises at us (which included some jump kicks and jump knees which were much fun), continually pushing us until the very end.  The finisher was an absolute killer which involved a pack of cards (a very dodgy pack of cards which seemed to have way too many 10s in it) and a torturous amount of burpees, squat jumps and ab exercises.  My ab's are flinching just thinking about it! I've got mixed feelings with regard to the end of the camp.  I'm sad it is over.  As much as I was starting to struggle with the early mornings (one