Skip to main content

OOof!!

As I write this I am shovelling my big ass salad into my gob at a great rate of knots that would rival a homeless man who hasn't seen food in a month. The salad was made with the intention of it being two servings, not gonna happen, it's all gone and it's only 15 minutes into my lunch break. My stomach was actually growling at me earlier, I simply couldn't get the red grapes I was eating down my throat fast enough ("Stop teasing me Goddammit, keep them coming!") I'm pretty sure the sun worshippers down the hill in George Square could hear it's demands.

2 days into Fight Camp and despite wreaking havoc on my metabolism, I am loving it! My thighs and shoulders are feeling a bit dead after this morning's session, but i couldn't be happier!

It's gut busting, cellulite quaking (if its not quaking yet, it bloody well should be), intense, hard work (they weren't joking when they said 'willpower required'), but it's also cracking good fun :) I'm getting up at 5am, working out at 7am for an hour and still have a smile on my face! Being up at that time voluntarily should be illegal, and you probably think I am off my rocker but I am genuinely enjoying it.

Apparently, yesterday and today's Muay Thai sessions were introductory! If that's an introduction then God help me in the coming days, weeks even!

BURPEES are and continue to be the hardest exercises I have ever done. Even Sheena and I renaming them 'Happy Birthdays' has not made a bit of difference. I lost count of how many we got through this morning, I was too busy breathing out my ass! I'm pretty sure I heard some grown men weeping in the corner of the studio at the prospect of more of the nasty blighters this morning.

Ah well, recovery day tomorrow, bit of a long lie, breakfast at an almost normal hour ...

Thursday is what the Fight Camp refer to as the 'Playground' time, a strength and conditioning session where we will apparently be flipping tyres and all sorts. I know it's going to be painful, but again I am looking forward to trying something new. One of the trainers promised that Friday's session is going to be a killer! Am I scared? I know that I probably should be, but that stupid voice in my head is at it again, "Bring on the pain!"

I think I need to see a therapist, surely that's not normal?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight Camp Week 4 - Done!

This week was a short one for me.  I missed Monday and Tuesday's sessions because I was away for a long weekend, so only got to Thursday and Friday's sessions.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do exercise when I was away, the weather was a bit nuts so I was restricted to indoors and the hotel rooms were too small or the floors way to creaky for me to do any jumping around.  Instead, we walked miles and miles and miles.  My calves were killing me by the time we got back and are still feeling a bit tight. My ' official photographer '/motivational coach/trainer/friend, Sheena,  was back on top form today, and assisted me in getting the photographs for me to  put together my little montage!   However, what was meant to be me standing posing to get a few pics done turned into Mistress Walker cracking the whip and had me doing a mini workout, I had only finished this mornings session a few minutes prior.  God forbid she ever gets into Personal Train

Fight Camp, Week 2 - Done!

Woo Hoo!! that's another week ticked off and it has been a sweaty one! Very, very sweaty (";) Intensity was amped up a gain each day this week. Monday was a bit of a rude awakening after having the weekend off, I think my body goes into s ome kind of defense mode and forgets just how grue lling the last workout was and shrouds the memories in a nice rosey glow. Monday morning I whacked my legs off a bench and now have a nice big lump and bruise on my left shin. I fell on my ass on Thursday morning during some jumping! Not painful thankfully, was straight back up again and into the exercise, although I did stumble a little again straight after. (I've come to the conclusion that I am a wee bit clumsy. I think Leona had me in mind when she belted out "I keep bleeding, I keep, keep, bleeding...") My butt cheeks, thighs and arms are killin' me from the torturous pushup holds and squat holds from this mornings session, ouchy!! I struggled a bit with the die

Fight Camp is Done :-( ..... the results are in :-)

So I had my final Fight Camp session yesterday morning.... boooo :(  6 weeks of early 5am rises, 24 hours worth of crazy training sessions, 10 million buckets of sweat, 20 bags of spinach, i've lost count of the amount of chickens, and a vat of  protein shakes later and I feel fit and fabulous! Every session was relentless and the setup continually evolved.  Even in the last session, the trainers were chucking new combinations and exercises at us (which included some jump kicks and jump knees which were much fun), continually pushing us until the very end.  The finisher was an absolute killer which involved a pack of cards (a very dodgy pack of cards which seemed to have way too many 10s in it) and a torturous amount of burpees, squat jumps and ab exercises.  My ab's are flinching just thinking about it! I've got mixed feelings with regard to the end of the camp.  I'm sad it is over.  As much as I was starting to struggle with the early mornings (one